With holiday feasts right around the corner, the opportunity to cheat on your diet has never been greater. It’s not uncommon to sometimes pack on up to 10 lbs of body fat during the holiday season, but incentaHEALTH has tips to keep the holiday bulge from happening to you. Below are a few tips to keep holiday weight off:
- Keep up with your fitness goals and workouts during the holiday season, especially before that big holiday meal.
- Eat smaller meals throughout the day instead of “saving” yourself for a holiday meal. Eating many small meals throughout the days will actually boost your metabolism.
- Offer to bring a healthy dish to your holiday gathering. Of course you’ll be tempted by holiday sweet treats, but having healthy and nutritionally balanced dishes available can help fill you up and prevent overindulgence of less healthy options.
- Believe it or not, many drinks are high in calories and can contribute to weight gain. Keep a careful eye on alcoholic drinks during the holiday season.
- Keep monitoring your nutrition and training! By being smart and not deviating too far off the fitness path, you and your waistline will be able to survive the holiday bulge.