With summer in bloom around the country, many people are looking for ways to lose weight and look their best. Whether participating in an employer wellness program or looking for ways to lose some weight, there are some simple steps that can help you jumpstart your body transformation into a healthier and slimmer lifestyle.
- Sleep!! The less you sleep, the more likely you are to be overweight. Studies have been shown that those who sleep more are generally slimmer and healthier.
- Portions! Portion control is a huge issue, especially in the United States. Avoid mindless binging by portioning the serving size and stashing the rest away. Eat your meals slower to feel fuller quicker. The average restaurant serving is almost a staggering 4 servings! When eating out, ask for a box before you begin your meal. Just pack up ½ before you start so you won’t be tempted.
- Get up and move! Walk more, walk often. Adding even the smallest amount of physical activity can make a difference. Track how much you move with a pedometer, like the amazing line of smart pedometers from Fitbit.
- Eat at the same time every day! This might not be possible for everybody, but becoming used to the same eating schedule can help cut back on grazing poorly before meals. Eating small healthy snacks throughout the day is also recommended to avoid over eating at scheduled meals.
- Remember that every little bit adds up! Making small eating changes and adding mild activity might seem like it isn’t doing much, but over time these changes can create a big impact. Start slow with any fitness goals, and eventually they’ll get easier!
There are many small changes that you can make that are painless when you’re hoping to lose a few pounds. Do you have any favorite fitness tips and tricks to lose weight? Leave them in the comments below!